High-quality photos are a great way to showcase your place and help set guests’ expectations.
Here are a few tips for taking your own photos:
- A few photos are better than none: Start by some of your own photos when you create a new listing—mobile phone photos are fine.
- Resolution matters: Take photos that are at least 1024 x 683px. When in doubt, a bigger photo is better.
- Take your photos in landscape format: Vertical photos won’t showcase your place as well.
- Set the scene: Clean up, remove clutter and pretend you’re preparing for your first guest.
- Take photos during the day: Open the blinds and turn on the lights to brighten your space.
- Highlight unique amenities: Guests love to stay in places with character. Consider including photos of your place's exterior, too.